Tuesday, January 16, 2007
So my blog hasn't been lost in complete obscurity after all. Hi Fausty!! =D
Chinese exam 2 today. Wasnt
too bad, since I actually finished it. And it was really, really long (2h15min)! We were the last to leave the exam hall, and had to endure the hustle-bustle (and subsequent excited screams/noise) every time another group of students left the hall. It was so COLD! My teeth were chattering when I came out of the room.
I thought that this Chinese exam would mean
free period! but no no no it ate into my lunch break instead. And I had to go talk to my physics teacher about the test on Friday, so in the end I had less than 5 minutes to wolf down a little glutinous-chicken-rice thingum in an uncivilised manner. Thought I was late for Math but when I entered the room I found havoc instead. Wallet-stealing. Hm. Very.. grand. We did Math-Aerobics! That was so obscure. I don't even remember how we ended up doing that! Think someone looked bored and my math teacher said "well let's do Math-Aerobic-Simon-Says!" and we all had to get up (I admit I was quite enthusiastic!) and some dudes like Timpanoot stayed seated until my teacher threatened to lower their grades (=DDDD). And then, my teacher said something like y=2x+3 and we had to stretch our arms out in the shape of that particular graph! The sinx graph was groovy. Actually, the idea of it was, the actual graphs
we did were pretty.. floppy.
For orchestra we're doing this piece that Nyse did when we had that concert with HCI, except now instead of 10+ violas/violists there's... 1. Me. Very exciting. Most people in school play the violin so they're really short of violas, and hence I have gotten roped into quartets and stuff quite a few times. I don't actually mind, playing is fun, but I feel inferior! You've got all these super-pro people and me-one-of-the-only-violists-in-school. A
fantastic feeling, I tell you. But I suppose it's motivation to practise viola more, and that's something rather necessary.
My memory is letting me down! Today I went to practise on my piano teacher's grand
grand piano with ivory keys (that are yellow because they're so old) and less than halfway through the Nocturne I was playing (and have played hundreds of times) my memory went -blank- and I had to run off to get the score. Obviously, my teacher was less than pleased. And i was pooped.
Right. Anyways, I've got a free period tomorrow because my Chinese exam's over (but I'll probably be trapped in the library) so I'm looking forward to that! Think I'll write a letter to my cousin. Should've done that
ages ago, though. And I'll be off to practise my viola now! =)
blogged at 8:38 PM